Skills & Qualifications
- 4 years pastry experience. 7 years in professional kitchens.
- Adept at preparing a wide range of desserts; specialties include preserves, pies, and candies.
- Efficient, organized, creative and passionate.
- BFA in Studio Arts from Concordia (Montreal). Fine Arts diploma from Arts Canterbury (Ottawa).
- Fluent English, written French.
Le Local, June 2014 – December 2017; Pâtissière
- Single-handedly maintained the pastry station; managed ordering and inventory, organization, delegation, menu-planning, and special events. Worked closely with the rest of the kitchen as part of a seamless unit.
- Made desserts of high quality to match an upscale menu using local ingredients, classic techniques and attractive flavours. Baked daily and innovated always.
- Worked often with chocolate tempering, gelling agents, fresh fruits and more.
La Société Bistro, August 2013 – May 2014; Pâtissière
- Was promoted from garde manger to a team of 2 pastry chefs; received on-the-job training and quickly took on responsibilities. Made hundreds of macarons weekly, as well as terrines, truffles and breakfast pastries.
- Worked long hours to maintain a fresh supply of desserts to the La Société dining room as well as the Lowes hotel. Catered large events and functions.
Crudessence, February 2012 – October 2012; Prêt à Manger Supervisor
- Led a team of 4 in the production and packaging of 100 – 200 raw, vegan & organic meals each morning.
Renard Artisan Bistro, August 2011 – December 2011; Commis
- Executed dishes for a daily rotating terroir menu, working as a team of 2 in a tiny open-concept kitchen.
EM Cafe, August 2010 – September 2011; Chef
- Managed cooking staff, cleaning duties, suppliers. Created a new menu every week using creative flavours and fresh ingredients.
- Baked nearly all in-house pastries, including daily breads, muffins, pies, squares, meringues, scones, tarts, and cakes. Fulfilled special pastry orders for celebrations such as birthdays and weddings.
Stages & Workshops
- Pastry Stage with Pâtissière Masami Waki (Le Club Chasse Et Pêche) – January 2012
- Pastry Sales Stage (Don’s Tay Ho Bistro; Hanoi, Vietnam) – December 2012
- Jams & Preservation with Camilla Wynne (of Laloux Bistro and WD50) – August 2011
- Rhubarb & Pastry with Stephanie Labelle (of Pâtisserie Rhubarbe) – May 2011
- Molding & Sugar Paste with Larissa Volnitskaia (of Key Art Designs Cake Studio) – January 2011
- Candied Fruit with Michelle Marek (of Laloux Bistro and SAT Foodlab) – December 2010
Eric Hordowick (Le Local), Pascale Billy-Robert (Grazella), Jennifer Boyd (Hambar)
Numbers available upon request.